Monday, 12 February 2007

A very good place to start...

Here's the beginning.

I've decided to put all these thoughts and processes and designs down on (cyber)paper just as Pepperina Press reaches something of a turning point. Can you have a "turning point" in a shiny-new business, still in the honeymoon phase? Yes: we're turning from finding-our-feet to jumping-right-in. I'm overflowing with ideas and inspiration – it seems to be around every corner these days – just never enough time!

One really exciting project I'm working on this month: a brand-new collection of retro cards and stationery I'm calling my "bella figura girls". They're bright and so much fun – look like they stepped out of the '50s. And last night I realized they will lend themselves perfectly to block printing. Yes indeed, I plan to print every single one by hand! It'll be so different to the world of commercial printing, and I'm looking forward to getting my hands dirty (inky!) and having complete control over the process. So that's the next adventure. Soon I'll get some photos up and show you how it all unfolds....

No comments:

Post a Comment