Wednesday 3 February 2010

...and After!!

At last, the new kitchen!!!! New granite benchtops, super-deep under-counter sink, travertine wall tiles, removal of ugly wallpaper, paint in latte tones, spiffy pull-out Moen tap (faucet, Americans), Bosch cooktop and oven. I haven't even figured out the 800-odd features of the last two, but I gather it's something along the lines of: if I leave them unattended I might come home to find they've baked me a layer cake and set the table for dinner.

A little reminder of what it looked like before:

That's the old stove where 9 meant hot, 6 meant tepid and 1 meant nuclear. And that code varied between hotplates, just to add to the sense of cooking "adventure". I don't miss it at all.

And here are more after pictures {if you click on the images, they'll show up larger}:

The kitchen already had custom-built hardwood cabinets, so we left them completely alone. But everything else – brand spanking.

Here's the view from my sunny office through to the kitchen:

And here's a gratuitous close-up of my favourite tea towels in the whole world – "Borrowed Spoons" from the super-talented Heather of Skinny laMinx:

After almost two months of kitchen chaos, I am one happy, happy girl...

2 comments:

  1. Wow! It's gorgeous! So warm and inviting and shiny and pretty. Awesome new cooktop/oven and the faucet too. The tiles and soft tones are wonderful.

    I love the little touches of red and green. Fabulous hand towels add just the right touch to your beautiful new space. Well done and congrats...
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks wonderful! If my kitchen were as inviting i would spend a lot of time in it. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete