Friday 26 December 2008

Christmas Eve in the kitchen


Santa didn't go hungry. Despite previous baking disasters, I can actually scrape by in the kitchen – and Berry loves to "help" me cook.

We built a gingerbread house ("Can I stick it? Can I help? This so much fun, my mommy!") and baked chocolate chip bikkies for Santa ("Can I stir it? Can I pour it? You a good little yady, mommy...") and we made a rum cake with a wonderfully alarming amount of spiced rum in it.


There are pictures of the house and the cookies. As for the rum cake, you'll just have to trust us that it was outstanding.

3 comments:

  1. That is one awesome Ginger Bread House! Great work!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. That ginger bread house looks amazing! Love the colours! lol at all the commentary throughout the cooking :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous photos! Invite me over the next time you have rum cake please.

    ReplyDelete