Saturday 15 November 2008

Winkin Wogs


Berry got a set of Lincoln Logs for her birthday, but she's sure they're called Winkin Wogs. She plays with them constantly, usually leaving it looking like a tiny colonial village has exploded on my studio floor.

I had both kids in the studio while I was working the other day and (cue "should've known better"-type music) I turned my back for a few seconds. Almost immediately, Kickbaby gave a startled yowl.

"I did poke him in the head," Berry said matter-of-factly.
"What!!"
"I did poke him in the head with a Winkin Wog."

Of course. Clarification makes it all better.

2 comments:

  1. I love to see one of the old toys still around - so much imagination - although I think the 'winkin wogs' should be used for GOOD! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love "Winkin Wogs"...we were just out Christmas shopping and I told my husband I wanted some (and Tinker Toys too! :)

    ReplyDelete