Monday 7 May 2007

Tagged: Seven Random Facts


I've been tagged – twice in one night! Both hojpoj and skinnylaminx tagged me for Seven Random Facts. I'm new to this, but Heather wrote:

"Here are the rules:
- Write down 7 random facts/habits about yourself on your blog
- Then choose another 7 people to get tagged and list their names on your blog
- Leave a comment on each tagged person's blog, letting them know they have been tagged and to read your blog."

Here goes.... Seven Random Facts About Me

1) I was always, always the shortest kid in class (and shorter than the classes below me). I was forever picked last for sports and put last in line for school photos, until Grade 11 when I apparently grew six inches overnight.

2) I grew up running gloriously wild in the Australian bush with my three brothers, my sister and the kids nextdoor. No shirt, no shoes, no problem :)

3) I hate the lame Disney-fied Winnie-the-Pooh with a fiery passion. It is very bad for the image of the real Pooh, who is a very earnest character.
I have watched The Princess Bride more times than I can count.

(Two facts in one point? I don't know what you're talking about!)

4) I have a photo of my husband that was taken about an hour after we first saw each other (we held up our cameras and snapped at the same time...bizarre.). We met on the overnight train to Venice when I foolishly asked him directions. We spent the next three days hopelessly lost, and didn't care much.

5) I've been drawing obsessively for as long as I can remember. I made my first card at age five; it had angels pencilled on it and a message exhorting my parents to "love each other like the angels". What a preachy kid...

6) My father-in-law chose my wedding shoes.

7) The Capuchin Catacombs in Sicily are etched in my memory as one of the most fascinating places I've ever been. They are haunting, and strangely beautiful, and beneath the surface they speak of family, love, society, death, hope and eternity.

Well, now I'll tag some other people and hope they haven't already done this!

MagicJelly, JulesAndShell, IvyLeaf, PamperingBeki, PamelaMichelle, TabithaEmma, MissMishMash

{Um... the photo is of Heidelberg Castle, and is here because I'm basically incapable of posting without a picture. At least it's random too...}

2 comments:

  1. great list, great post. i enjoyed reading it.

    the picture of the castle is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Thanks for being such a good sport!

    ReplyDelete