Wednesday 5 September 2007

That's not a summer... THIS is a summer!


The summer months in Seattle were mild and terribly pretty, but the part of me that still calls Australia home (it's a song, look it up) really missed the searing heat and clinging humidity of a real summer.

Call me crazy, it's what I'm used to.

So I love being back in the Southern heat where (if you care to step outside the air-conditioning) you really know it's summer. And Berry – a Northwest baby who used to recoil at a glimpse of sunlight – is learning to love it too.


Stu and Rikki came to visit from New Orleans and we hung out by the pool at the Beau Rivage. I'm pretty sure it's the best pool around these parts, and Berry rolled out the Uncle Stu Fan Club red carpet and played in the shallow end with Stu for a length of time that would've bored me silly (if I was Stu, not if I was Berry). Stu is a good man of endless patience.

Happily (I say, from my air-conditioned studio) here in the south we have at least two more months of real summer left before we tentatively break out the woolen stuff. And then put it away again because it's still kinda warm...

Roll on summer.

3 comments:

  1. 2 more months?! It's in the 60s here already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bunches of other bloggers are begging for fall! I love the hot weather too, but give me upper 70's with low humidity and I'm a happy camper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great... but not so great in that kind of heat! Lovely pictures though... Sara x

    ReplyDelete